In 1926,Abner B. Jackson Sr. had a desire- he wanted to own his own business. With this desire in mind and determination in his heart, Abner Sr.,his wife Maude and sons Abner B. Jr, Howard, and Edward, started an ambulance service at 628 N. Main. in Wichita, Kansas.
In 1933, the Jackson Sr. family moved to 703 N. Water. At that time, the mortuary was also considered home, which was in the mortuary's basement. In 1937, Abner Jr., his wife Janett, and their twin sons moved to 703 N. Water. In 1940, Abner Sr. and Abner Jr. formed a partnership and, in 1942, Abner Jr. became the business' manager. Abner B. Jackson Sr. retired in 1950, at which time Abner B. Jackson Jr, his wife Janett, assumed ownership and operation of the Mortuary. A further move in 1965 took the mortuary to it's current location at 1125 E. 13th St.
In 1982, Abner B. Jackson, Jr. retired leaving ownership to his twin sons Anderson E. Jackson and Val Jean Jackson as well as his grandson Michael E. Jackson. As the business continued to grow and the desire to improve service, a need for expansion arose. On December 31, 1985 the dream became a reality. The new addition to the existing structure was opened, thus doubling the size of the existing stucture. We are currently in our fifth generation of service and look forward to serving the Wichita community for years to come.